High bottom, European Dadant, not painted
Polystyrene beehives become more and more popular. Low weight and small size in comparison with wooden beehives make them especially useful in migratory apiaries, but they are also used in stationary professional and hobbyist apiaries.
Main reason of their popularity are ease of decontamination, durability and high level of aesthetics. The farming in polystyrene hives is not much different from that in hives made of other materials. The only problem which beekeeper can meet is dampness of brood box resulting from impermeability of this material. High thermal insulation properties provide perfect thermal conditions which is beneficial for growing of bee colony in the Spring. Polystyrene beehives are equipped with additional elements making easier a lot of apiary works and to sourcing additional bees products.
Advantages of polystyrene beehives:
- excellent thermal insulation properties
- resistance to moisture
- lightness of elements which make easier feeding, harvesting and managment of migratory apiaries
- long-life connected with resistance to atmospheric agents
- strong and durable construction
- environmental performance (no risk for enviroment, secondary use of waste)
- compatibility of all elements